Articles in this section
Websense - Widgets
Table of Contents
Widgets in Vtiger enable you to customize the Live Chat widget that is installed on your website. You can configure the widget for:
- online and offline welcome messages,
- feedback success and failure notifications,
- assigning agents, etc.
By doing this, you can give a personal touch to the widget and make it look like your own. Customers will also relate to your company and feel welcomed to talk to your agents.
To understand this process in detail, have a look at the Web Chats article.
Customizing the Widget
This is where the fun begins.
By customizing the widget, you can play around with welcome messages, feedback requests and so much more.
Follow these steps to customize your widget:
Step 1: Go to the Widgets page
- Login to your account.
- Click the User Menu icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings button.
- Look out for the Websense block.
- Click Widgets.
Step 2: Select the Tracker and the Widget
- Select the tracker that is responsible for the widget on your website from the Select Tracker drop-down.
- Select the widget that you want to customize from the Select Widget drop-down.
Step 3: Define the fields in the tabs
All the fields under these tabs are filled with a pre-defined sentence. You can change and customize them to your liking.
- Click the General tab.
- Click the Enable button.
- You can add your own text to the following fields:
- Online Welcome Message
- Offline Welcome Message
- Offline Message Success Text
- Conversation Start Button
- Offline Message Submission Button
- Agent Conversation End Message
- Visitor Conversation End Text
- New Conversation Section Label
- New Conversation Placeholder Text
- Reply placeholder text
- Registration Form Header
- Message Form Header
- Rating Message
- Feedback Message
- Feedback Success Notification
- Feedback Error Notification
- Click Save.
- Click the Agents tab.
- Type the names of the CRM users whom you want to add as agents. These users can interact with your customers and resolve their queries.
- Click the +Add Agents button.
- Click the Facebook tab.
- Link your Facebook page.
- Click the Enable Facebook Messenger toggle button.
- Click the Page Status toggle button of the page in which you wish to enable Web Chats.
- Click Save.