Articles in this section
Facebook Integration with Web Chats
Table of Contents
Over one billion messages are sent to businesses via Facebook Messenger. Integrating Facebook with Vtiger CRM through Web Chats enables customer service representatives to respond to queries quickly. It also paves the way for social media marketing for your business.
You can view matching contacts through the first name and the visitor’s last name and merge with an existing contact.
Your agents can respond to Facebook messages in real-time from the Chat console. There will be no necessity to go back and forth to Facebook to check messages, thereby saving time.
Are you intrigued yet? Do you want to give it a try? Continue reading for more details…
Before you integrate Facebook with Web Chats, make sure you meet these prerequisites:
- Have a Facebook Business Page - You can create a Facebook Business Page to build your brand and bring your business online. Using the page, you can build your profile, create ads and campaigns, and sell your products and services directly to prospects.
To learn more about creating a Facebook Business Page, click here.
- Install Facebook in Vtiger CRM - If you are a Vtiger CRM user, you can install and integrate your Facebook business account with your CRM. This can help you:
- Capture lead data effortlessly
- Promote your business
- Respond to customer queries quickly
To learn more about installing Facebook in Vtiger CRM, click here.
- Install Web Chats in Vtiger CRM - Web Chats in Vtiger CRM helps your clients have real-time conversations with your customer-facing teams. In the background, you can also track your team’s performance, calculate the chat response time, and obtain other useful metrics.
To learn more about installing Web Chats in Vtiger CRM, click here.
Configuring Facebook for Web Chats
Once you have the prerequisites ready, you can go ahead and configure Facebook for Web Chats.
The configuration includes two steps:
- Linking your Facebook Page to Vtiger CRM
- Enabling Facebook in Web Chats
Let us understand both of them in detail…
Step 1: Linking your Facebook Page to Vtiger CRM
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Go to Extensions.
- Click Facebook.
- Click the Connect button to log in to your Facebook Business Page.
- The Facebook authorization page opens.
- Enter your Facebook credentials.
- Click Log In.
- Select the Facebook page that you want to link.
- Click Next.
- Select the different options that are available for syncing.
- Click Done.
- Click OK.
- You will be redirected to the CRM.
- Enable the toggle button beside your page name to enable your page.
Your Facebook account is now connected to Vtiger CRM.
Step 2: Enabling Facebook in Web Chats
- Click on HOME in the path on the top left side of the screen.
- You will be taken to the Settings homepage.
- Go to Websense.
- Click Widgets.
- Select the tracker that is in charge of the widget on your website from the Select Tracker drop-down.
- Select the widget that you want to customize from the Select Widget drop-down.
- Click the Facebook tab.
- Click the Enable Facebook Messenger toggle button.
- Click the Page Status toggle button for the page in which you wish to enable Web Chats.
- Click Save.
You have successfully integrated Facebook with Web Chats.
Now that you have integrated Facebook with Web Chats, you can answer customer queries that originate from your Facebook Business Page through Web Chats.
For example, if a customer goes to your Facebook Business Page and sends you a message, it pops up on the Web Chats agent console. You can respond to the customer and continue the conversation from Web Chats to resolve their issue.