Articles in this section
Automate Outgoing Emails in Email Settings
Table of Contents
The Outgoing Server routes vtiger CRM to the email server to send emails.
Emails sent from Vtiger are forwarded FROM user-defined email addresses but sent through the Vtiger email server. Administrators can change the outgoing email server from Vtiger to the email server. The Outgoing Server settings, or SMTP servers, are used to route vtiger CRM with the email server to send out emails; more specifically, whether emails are sent with or without first authenticating your user information.
Change the mail account for outgoing emails from the Vtiger server to your mail server. The emails you send will be traversing from your server.
Limits - Daily limits on transaction emails on using Vtiger Outgoing Server.
- Free trial - 50 emails per instance(all users) per day.
- Free Edition - 50 emails user/day.
- Sales and Help Desk Starter edition(on subscribe) - 300 emails user/day
- Exclusive, Professtional, Vtiger One, Vtiger One Professional editions(on subscribe) - 500 emails user/day.
Click the icon to watch the video
Sending emails through the Vtiger email server is the recommended choice
Vtiger email server allows user-defined FROM addresses to be used when sending an email. Some email servers, such as Gmail, do not permit overriding FROM addresses. (Vtiger validates that the FROM address belongs to you before allowing you to use it).
Adding SPF and DKIM records to authorize our domain's Vtiger email server.
Adding a Vtiger IP address to your domain’s SPF and DKIM record is crucial, as guided below, to improve the email delivery rate.
Verify if SPF and DKIM record is added
Note! All system emails sent from CRM will be sent via Vtiger mail servers (as and ) to ensure reliable delivery, irrespective of the configured outgoing mail server.@crmalerts.vtiger.com>@crmalerts.vtiger.com>
Click here to learn more about Authenticate emails with SPF DKIM in automate emails.
Mail Server Settings(SMTP)
For a Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail accounts
To configure Gmail server settings, follow the steps:
- Select Gmail from the Server Type drop-down.
- The Server Name will be picked up accordingly.
- Enter the username and password of your Gmail account.
- Your email details are encrypted. Enter From the Email address; this is not mandatory. All the emails will be sent from the email ID you have specified here. For Example, If your outgoing server is Gmail, your Gmail ID will be used to send the mail, i.e., email@example.com.
- If the from email is not specified the emails will be sent via the email id of the current login user.
Enable the checkbox to enable authentication before sending an email.
For more information, go to G Suite Administrator Help.
Note: When customers enable 2-factor authentication for gmail account, they need to give app specific password in the password field to sign-in.
Please follow the same steps to set up Yahoo and Hotmail accounts.
Configure Vtiger Outgoing server with Exchange Server (or) Office 365?
Go through these steps to configure the Outgoing server with an Exchange or Office 365 account.
Before configuring, we need to know some details of your Exchange or Office365 SMTP servers from your administrator.
1) SMTP port of the server
2) SMTP server name
3) Encryption Method(SSL/tls) -> Default encryption methods for Exchange or Office365 is TLS
- Select Server Type as Office 365 from the drop-down.
- The Server Name field will be filled accordingly, as EncryptionMethod://SMTP server name: SMTP port.
- (Ex :- tls://smtp.office365.com:587 (or) tls://smtp.exchange.com:587)
- Enter User Name, Password, and From Email.
- Enable the Require Authentication checkbox.
- Click Save.
- For an Office365 account, From Email is mandatory and should be the same as the User Name because Microsoft will not allow you to send an email with a different address. For example, if you use Gmail or Office 365, you can select Gmail, or Office 365 from the drop-down.
- Vtiger sends a test email while configuring, so the email delivery will fail if the From Email and Username are different.
For Other accounts
If you are using any other mail account that is not listed in Vtiger, please follow the below steps:
- Select Others in the Server Type drop-down.
- Enter the Server Name, Username, and Password of your account.
- Specify the From Email address. All the emails will be sent from the email ID specified here. For Example, If your outgoing server is Rediffmail, your Gmail ID will be used to send the mail, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enable the checkbox to enable authentication before sending an email.
- If your email server allows FROM address overriding, please enable this checkbox. It will allow the user to select the FROM address when sending ad-hoc emails to your customers.
- Click Save.
You can see the list of unverified emails on the Email Settings page.
Manage your Leads and Contacts by eventually tracking their one-to-one email interactions by enabling the Email Tracking check box.
Note: Emails sent from Email Campaigns are always tracked by default and do not depend on these settings.
Configure your Reply-To emails for Cases and Ad-hoc emails. Choose any one of the three options mentioned below for a Reply-To email:
- User’s Primary Email address - The primary email configured in My Preferences.
- User’s Primary Group Email - The email address of the primary group configured in My Preferences.
- Outgoing email address - The email address configured in Mail Server Settings (SMTP).
- Helpdesk Email/Other - Enter the Reply-To email ID and the name to which the customer will send a reply.
- Email verification is a service that helps you clean up your email list by validating email addresses to improve deliverability.
- In Vtiger, prevent email spoofing and avoid emails landing in the spam folder by verifying all the email addresses added to your instance.
- Verify email addresses added in a username, user’s primary email, and from and reply-to email fields of Email settings.
- An email address used in multiple areas needs one-time verification from any area.
- Admins can send a verification link to the email addresses added in and reply to fields by clicking on the alert icon.
If you own the email address, open the verification email and click the Yes, I own email@example.com button.
1. Every from and reply-to email address added in the CRM needs verification to send emails.
2. To send an email, verifying all emails added in the Email settings configuration is a must.
3. You can not save the email settings without verifying all email addresses.
4. You can also send a verification email to from and reply to addresses from compose email and workflow’s send email windows.
For Case emails
Case replies from your customers will be sent to the address specified in this section, which applies only to emails sent from the Summary view of the Case module.
Note: Set From Name for all outgoing emails to Company Name or Helpdesk Name
For Internal Ticket emails
Internal Tickets replies from your users will be sent to the address specified in this section, which applies only to emails sent from the Summary view of the Internal Tickets module.
Replies by users on Cases and Internal Tickets are cc’d to the email addresses specified in the Email Settings.
For Ad-hoc emails
Customers' replies for ad hoc emails will be sent to the specified address.
- By default, the outgoing server is configured with Vtiger CRM settings. You can manage to send out emails with these settings. However, we recommend you configure the Outgoing Server with your SMTP settings.
- If you prefer to retain the Vtiger server as the Outgoing Server, we urge you to configure your domain’s SPF record to include the Vtiger server as a valid sender for your domain.
- You can click “Reset to Default” in the edit view to populate the default set of values provided by Vtiger CRM.
- If you have changed your password (For example, Gmail password), please update the password in the Outgoing Server.
Set up a company-wide font family and font size for all the emails you send from Vtiger.
Required Opt-In for Email Delivery
When sending an email campaign, autoresponder, or workflow email to a lead or a contact, Vtiger evaluates if the contact should receive the email based on the value in the contact’s “Email Opt-in” field. This system setting tells Vtiger which values are acceptable for delivering email.
Select the type of opt-ins you would prefer to send out emails. Your options are:
- Double opt-in
- Double opt-in and Single opt-in (user)
- Double opt-in, Single opt-in (user), and Single opt-in (webform).
Double opt-in and consent emails
Consent request emails will go from the Email address you choose along with the selected FROM name. Provide the FROM Name and FROM email to send the Consent request emails. Learn more about Double Opt-in and Consents.