Articles in this section
Automate Outgoing Emails in Email Settings
Table of Contents
The Outgoing Server is used to route vtiger CRM to the email server to send out emails.
Emails sent from Vtiger are forwarded FROM user defined email address but sent through Vtiger email server. Administrators can change the outgoing email server from Vtiger to own email server. The Outgoing Server settings, also referred as SMTP servers, are used to route vtiger CRM with the email server to send out emails; more specifically, whether emails are sent with or without first authenticating your user information.
Change the mail account for outgoing emails from Vtiger server to your mail server. The emails you send will be traversing from your server.
Limits - Daily limits on transaction emails on using Vtiger Outgoing Server.
- Free trial - 50 emails per instance(all users) per day.
- Free Edition - 50 emails user/day.
- Sales and Help Desk Starter edition(on subscribe) - 300 emails user/day
- Exclusive, Professtional, Vtiger One, Vtiger One Professional editions(on subscribe) - 500 emails user/day.
Click the icon to watch the video
Sending emails through Vtiger email server is the recommended choice
Vtiger email server allows user-defined FROM address to be used at the time of sending an email. Some email servers, such as Gmail, do not permit overriding FROM address. (Vtiger validates that the FROM address belongs to you before allowing you to use it).
Adding SPF and DKIM record to authorise Vtiger email server for our domain.
It is important to add Vtiger IP address to your domain’s SPF and DKIM record as guided below, to improve email delivery rate.
Verify if SPF and DKIM record is added
Note! All system emails sent from CRM will be sent via Vtiger mail servers (as and ) to ensure reliable delivery, irrespective of the configured outgoing mail server.@crmalerts.vtiger.com>@crmalerts.vtiger.com>
Mail Server Settings(SMTP)
For a Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail accounts
To configure Gmail server settings, follow steps:
- In the Server Type drop-down, select Gmail
- The Server Name will be picked up accordingly
- Enter the username and password of your Gmail account
Note! Your email details are encrypted.
Enter From Email address; this is not mandatory. All the emails will be sent from the email id you have specified here. For Example, If your outgoing server is Gmail, your Gmail id will be used to send the mail, i.e., email@example.com
Note! If the from email is not specified the emails will be sent via the email id of the current login user.
Click on the check-box to enable authentication before sending an email.
For more information, go to G Suite Administrator Help
Please follow the same steps to setup Yahoo and Hotmail accounts.
Configure Vtiger Outgoing server with Exchange Server (or) Office 365?
Go through these steps to configure the Outgoing server with Exchange or Office 365 account.
Before configuring, we need to know some details of your Exchange or Office365 SMTP servers from your administrator.
1) SMTP port of the server
2) SMTP server name
3) Encryption Method(ssl/tls)
-> Default encryption methods for Exchange or Office365 is TLS
Now, in Outgoing server settings.
- Select Server Type as Office 365 from the drop-down.
- Enter Server Name field as EncryptionMethod://SMTP server name:SMTP port
(Ex :- tls://smtp.office365.com:587 (or) tls://smtp.exchange.com:587)
- Enter User Name, Password and From Email
- Enable the Require Authentication checkbox
- Click on save
Note!: For Office365 account From Email is mandatory and should be same as User Name, because Microsoft will not allow sending an email with different mail address. Vtiger sends a test email while configuring, so if the From Email and Username are different, the email delivery will fail.
For Other accounts.
If you are using any other mail account that is not listed in Vtiger, please follow below steps:
- In the Server Type drop-down, select Others
- Enter the Server Name, Username, and Password of your account
- Specify the From Email address. All the emails will be sent from the email id you have specified here. For Example, If your outgoing server is Rediffmail, your Gmail id will be used to send the mail, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the check-box to enable authentication before sending an email.
- If your email server allows FROM address overriding, please enable this checkbox. It will allow the user to select the FROM address when sending ad-hoc emails to your customers.
You can see the list of unverified emails in Email Settings page.
Manage your Leads and Contacts with eventually tracking their one-to-one email interactions by enabling the Email Tracking check box.
Note! Emails sent from Email Campaigns are always tracked by default and doesn’t depend on this settings.
Configure your Reply-To emails for Cases and Ad-hoc emails. Choose any one of the three options mentioned below for Reply-To email:
- User’s Primary Email address - The primary email configured in My Preferences.
- User’s Primary Group Email - The email address of the primary group configured in My Preferences.
- Outgoing email address - The email address configured in Mail Server Settings (SMTP).
- Helpdesk Email/Other - Enter the Reply-To email id and the name to which customer will send a reply.
Email verification is a service that helps you to clean up your email list by validating email addresses to improve deliverability.
In Vtiger, prevent email spoofing and avoid emails landing in spam folder by verifying all the email addresses added in your instance.
Verify email addresses added in a username, user’s primary email, and from and reply-to email fields of Email settings.
An email address used in multiple areas needs one-time verification from any area.
Admins can send a verification link to the email addresses added in from and reply-to fields by clicking on the alert icon.
If you own the email address, open the verification email and click on Yes, I own email@example.com button.
1. Every from and reply-to email addresses added in the CRM need verification to send emails.
2. To send an email, verifying all emails added in Email settings configuration is a must.
3. You can not save the email settings without verifying all email addresses.
4. You can also send a verification email to from and reply to addresses from compose email and workflow’s send email windows.
For Case emails
Case replies from your customers will be sent to the address specified in this section, which is applicable only to the emails that are sent from Summary view of Case module.
Note! Set From Name for all outgoing emails to Company Name or Helpdesk Name
For Internal Tickets emails
Internal Tickets replies from your users will be sent to the address specified in this section, which is applicable only to the emails that are sent from Summary view of Internal Tickets module.
Replies by users on Cases and Internal Tickets are bcc’d to the email addresses specified in the Email Settings.
For Ad-hoc emails
Replies from customers for any ad hoc emails will be sent to the specified address.
- By default, the outgoing server is configured with Vtiger CRM settings. You can manage to send out emails with these settings. However, we will recommend you to configure Outgoing Server with your SMTP settings.
- If you prefer to retain Vtiger server as the Outgoing Server, we urge you to configure your domain’s SPF record to include the Vtiger server as a valid sender for your domain.
- You can click on “Reset to Default” in edit view to the populate default set of values provided by Vtiger CRM.
- If you have changed your password (example: Gmail password) please update the password in the Outgoing Server.
Set up company-wide font family and font size for all the emails you send from Vtiger.
Required Opt-In for Email Delivery
When sending an email campaign, autoresponder, or workflow email to a lead or a contact, Vtiger evaluates two things to determine: if the contact should receive the email - the value in the contact’s “Email Opt-in” field, and a system setting that tells Vtiger which of those values are acceptable for delivering email. Select the type of opt-ins you would prefer to send out emails.
Your options are:
- Double opt-in
- Double opt-in and Single opt-in (user)
Double opt-in, Single opt-in (user) and Single opt-in (webform).
Double opt-in and consent emails
Consent request emails will go from the Email address that you choose along with the selected FROM name. Provide the FROM Name and FROM email to send out the Consent request emails. Learn more about Double Opt-in and Consents.