Articles in this section
Module Management - Module Numbering
Table of Contents
Vtiger CRM offers default numbering that corresponds with every module and every record. The fun part is you can customize and create a record number sequence as per your business needs. Whenever you create a new record, a unique number will be automatically assigned to it.
Do not worry; this process will not affect your existing records. The new numbering will be applied only to records created in the future.
Editing the Numbering
If you know what sequence you want in the CRM records, then changing them in the CRM is not a tedious job.
Follow these steps to edit the numbering of records:
- Log in to your CRM account.
- Click the User Menu on the top right corner of the page.
- Click the Settings button.
- Look for the Module Management section.
- Click Module Numbering.
- Select the Module from the drop-down.
- You will see the previous Prefix and Start Sequence number.
- Enter the prefix of your choice in the Use Prefix field.
- Enter the number of your choice in the Start Sequence field. This number will be the starting of the sequence in numbering the newly created records.
- Click Save.
- Click Cancel to discard all changes.
The sequence is changed successfully. You can now see that the sequence numbering will start creating a new record or when new records are imported.
This sequence is updated chronologically in the Detail View > [Module] Number field of any newly created record. This field is not editable in the record.