Articles in this section
Create a field of a Grid type
Table of Contents
Grid is a type of field to have a table as a field in the record.
The grid is a type of field to have a table as a field in the record. You can determine the columns of a table during the creation of the grid field.
Creation of Grid field
To create a grid field, go to the Module Layouts and Fields settings > Select the module > Click on Add new field.
Here, enter the values for the
- Label name.
- Column names which determine the number of the columns in the table.
- Row names which determine the number of rows in a table.
- Enable field properties.
Next, click on the Save button.
Can I add columns in the table?
You can add rows to the table in the edit view of the record. To do so, right click on the table and find the actions as shown in the below image.
Limitations on Grid field
- You can have only one grid field per module.
- Grid fields are not available in Workflows and Import record.
- You can edit grid field only in the edit view of the record.
- Columns of the table are defined during the creation of the grid field. You cannot add more columns once the grid field is created.