Articles in this section
Creating Custom Filters
Table of Contents
Filters or views are used to separate desired records from the stack of other records and capture them in a different bucket.
For instance, you can quickly filter all the records in some particular territory and assign those records to your Sales Agent in that territory. You can also perform operations on filtered records like mass editing, deleting, sending emails, etc.
Create Custom Filters
This tutorial is designed to explain how filters are created in Vtiger CRM. We’ll explain to you how filters can be created in the Opportunities module. You can follow the same steps to create filters on other modules.
The process is the same for other modules: Leads, Contacts, Organizations, etc.
- Click icon
- Click Opportunities under SALES.
- Click (+) New List
- In the create list page, provide a label to your list.
- Select desired columns you would like to see in a custom view. You can only select up to 16 columns.
- You’ll need to specify conditions to filter only specific entities that you would like to have in your custom view. The process of applying conditions to filter desired records has been made simple.
7. All Conditions: Filters records based on AND condition.
8. Any Conditions: Filters records based on OR condition.
Now that you’ve successfully completed creating a filter, it’s time to fit it into your business requirements. You have a wide variety of options to get the most out of the filter you’ve created.
Set as Default
You might have thousands of records in your Vtiger CRM. You don’t deal with all of them. You can create filters and set the filter default so that you can view only the most important records. By clicking on the checkbox, the filter will be made default for you and other users in your Vtiger CRM account.
List in Metrics
Click the check box beside the List in Metrics to be displayed on your dashboard. On the Dashboard, click Add Widget > Mini List > Opportunities > Lead Source - Cold Calls > select columns.
Once you’re done, click on the Save button.
Providing Permissions to view
You can check the Share the list checkbox and allow only users who can see the list.
Delete a list
Click on the right side drop-down of the list name and from the drop-down choose Delete.